Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

What a beautiful day it is here - sunny, brisk but the promise of spring is lofting through the air. The dog and I strolled early this morning for a few minutes and I was able to catch a spin class, which was so fun and exhilarating as I hadn't been in two weeks. As i was pushing thru the hills and hard paces, I would look down at my legs and give thanks for having a healthy stong body that works! Truly such a blessing. My father has Multiple Sclerosis and my mother died of cancer when she was 49, so often when i take my body for granted and realize it, I stop and make a point of feeling gratitude...for I know both of them would give anything to be able to ride a bike or even walk across the living room, for that matter. When I remember to give thanks for the simple things in life, the things we so often take for granted, it makes everything else seem that much better and more glorious.

Now I'm off to get some corned beef, cabbage and potatoes cooking for our family dinner this evening. Again, I feel blessed to have the beautiful, healthy, fun kids I have and such a wonderful loving husband that holds it all together like glue :-) Oooh, a sweet lovin' doggie too - can't forget my big ole lovebug! Sometimes i feel i'm the luckiest girl in the world. I hope you do too.

Enjoy your St. Patty's Day - smile and dream and live the love. *hugs*

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a gym near me where I can take spinning classes, but road biking is my new favorite sport! It also makes me feel strong and I am grateful to be able to use my body in such a way, especially after an ED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you!!! That's such an awesome attitude! Just the thing i needed to hear today. Thank you....

    ReplyDelete